View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Critical Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Kinney View Post
... The way I understand His words there is this. The Lord Jesus Christ knew what was going to be written in "the book of the LORD" before it was actually penned. He knew what inspired Scripture would be, because God Himself is the Author of it. ...
Readers of your post would not neccessarily know your point of view. Yes, it is true from the very beginning He would have known what would be included and what would not be preserved in writing and this can be a legitimate position. However, it can also be a convenient escape for just about anything that cannot be (or is undersirable when) taken literally.

And it is possible to understand the verse another way. As soon as a verse is viewed with some non-literal 'special' meaning it is not immediately subject to your artificial quadrilemma: "He either lied, exaggerated, didn't know what He was talking about, or else He was mistaken" (I reject all of those thoughts about Christ). For examples, other legitimate interpretations could be (but not limited to) that it has a poetic, metaphoric, figurative, or prophetic meaning. Indeed, in context a somewhat more limited interpretation is that Christ was speaking of His prophecies ("my words") being fulfilled ("shall not pass away"). Jesus knew those prophecies would be included in the Gospels so, in that sense, I agree with you here.

I didn't know that "enscriptured" was a 'buzz' word! I rarely use it, but it seemed appropriate in this topic.

I'm not concerned with promoting my views here. I suppose that given opportunity, many of my opinions (not that they are particularly important because they come from me) will emerge in due course. But let this be sufficient for now: I think the KJV which exists right now is the complete, inspired and 100% true Holy Bible!

My focus is that argumentation defending the KJV be truthful, complete, and pure. For example, I agree that God Himself is the Author of the Bible, but I disagree that John 12:48-49 & John 14:24 support a separate & distinct assertion that Jesus Christ knew what was going to be written before it was actually penned. He did, but those verses merely witness that Jesus spoke the words that the Father gave Him (unrelated to foreknowledge, written revelation, or any relevent evidence that Jesus knew it would be in the Bible). You certainly throw around a lot of scripture.