View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 AM
M Paul

Steven,

I noted in my post that in reality we cannot tell what the Septuagint was. However, the Catholics say the Septuagint is identifiable, and a main argument they use for the Apocrapha (and all the Septuagint then in any manner they identify it, as represented by my Augustine quote, but they like Vaticannus) being a part of the canon is, that Scripture quotes from the Septuagint in the NT. In reality, a comparison of NT quotes of the OT do not support they all came from the same source, and many of these probably were not associated with the Septuagint. I have noted there is a problem with how the Catholics represent the Septuagint, but their position is not my position. I asked Will to distinguish how upholding the KJV as the equivalent of canon had a basis different than what the Catholics use for establishing the Apocrapha, or the entire Septuagint as they identify it, as canon.

So you are not having a discussion with what I have said or asked. You are changing what I am saying around. So what's the point of having a conversation then??

M Paul