Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
So when someone comes along saying that simple faith in Christ won't cut the mustard, and that one must turn from sins to be saved, I, a poor struggler, get very upset at the hopeless situation I appear to be in
I do too
In fact I actually feel physically sick when I think about it.
I backslid for a lot of years after being saved very young ( When I was 10) I knew I was wrong living like the world and I ALWAYS felt guilty until life just got so bad that I couldn't cope anymore, I just couldn't go on living like I was, so I took it ALL to the Cross and asked My Lord and Saviour to free me from the burden of my sinful ways and let me live for him, asked him for the strength and courage to walk with him in all my ways and for the strength and faith to change, I was heavy Brother, real heavy and this verse just made me weep bitterly and made me realise I only had to go to Jesus

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

I struggle daily and that change is not overnight, I pray forgiveness for my sins every single night before I ask of anything in prayer because I am certain I have sinned in some way, I see sin now like a dirty great big stain on my life I want to change and I am, but it takes time, humility, patience, longsuffering, tears, prayers, more tears, more prayers and I just leave it all at the cross every night. Brother Luke I love you in the Lord so let me tell you this and let no man ever rob you of assurance ever again, The greatest preacher aside from the Lord Jesus Christ said this, and I want you to read and reflect on these words and the Power they can bring into your life.

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2 Corinthians 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

If you are feeling the way you are feeling Brother fully aware of the sin in your life and struggling daily as I am also, the Lord is working through you the Lords strength is being made perfect in your weakness
how amazing is that!

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

The Lord is preparing you Brother, accept that with tears and Joy and assurance in your heart

God Bless you and email me anytime day or night and we can talk.