View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
How do I refute false doctrine from Christians who say that we are "spiritual Israel" and, therefore, must keep the Law, including the Sabbath? This person keeps emailing me and telling me that I'm breaking the Law that we are supposed to be keeping by not observing the Sabbath.

Jassy
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

That’s not hard to understand. Our identity is Jesus Christ! Not Jew. Not Greek. Not bond. Not free. Not male or female. We are one in Christ, sister.

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Personally, I vehemently loathe ANY teaching that attempts to weaken, diminish, dissolve, damage, desecrate, or downplay my new life specifically in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I recommend you faithfully keep proclaiming the message of Christ who is now our life and faithfully direct this gentleman, or anyone else for that matter, to the ONE who is preeminent in all things. The ONE in whom we are complete. What then is the promise? I am in Christ and now a CHRISTIAN by faith. Faith is the link we have with Abraham. Not national heritage.

Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Jesus alone, sister Jassy. The truth will set him free.