View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
chette777,

For your information, I was "born again" at the age of 12, baptized in a river, and raised as a Baptist. Today, I'm not a Baptist, but merely a true believer and a member of the "Body of Christ" who believes that the King James Bible is the only complete, inerrant, and infallible WORD OF GOD! In fact, I've read it through more than once! Apparently you have no idea of the calling associated with being a "Watchman", or you would not have "degraded" the position in the manner that you did in your post! See (Ezekiel 33).

Luke 6

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Matthew 7

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Kind of looks like Scripture has been fulfilled right on this forum!

Gary
As far as I know the Watchman call of Ezekiel 33 it is TO the Jews BY the Jews FOR the Jews. Sorry No degradation was intended. but a Gentile cannot be a watchman of Ezekiel 33 Only Israelite's. And not only that there is no gift of the Holy Ghost or a position in the NT Bible called a Watchman.

We are encouraged to watch
1Co 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
Col 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

And we are never told to form a watchman society that would exalt itself above the rest of the Body of Christ. there is no Watchman class of Christians. and who as a watchman are you to warn? Born Again Christians? the Lost? the Jews?

It is funny how we are told to discern things in the body of Christ and yet people who are offended when we do often quote the scriptures you quoted to condemn those who do what is Biblically required. discernment is a judgement and your statement along with your scripture post are also a judgement so what makes you better than me? your position as a watchman?

Thank you for filling us in a little as to your testimony. If you don't mind can I ask, why did you leave the Baptist church?

anyway good to see you can get a little more involved in the forum for more than just promoting your blog.

I have read my Bible through 42 times in the last 14 years. not including all the other 300 plus per year daily readings and study of the Bible I do.

Welcome to the Forum

Last edited by chette777; 06-21-2009 at 07:28 PM.