Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

.......Tandi my friend, ye needs gird up thy loins. I'm sure someone will jump your tract or your position like white on rice. If that happens, I told you. We are people who are saved by grace through faith, that not of ourselves, not of works, lest any of us boast......

I'm sure you'll be treated as politely as you have been previously. Go for it.

Grace and peace to you.

Tony
Tony, I accept your challenge to “proclaim my position” and your encouragement to post my tract (more of a treatise) which I have updated. It represents my current views. I reference Scriptures from the Pauline epistles, as well as from elsewhere in God’s Holy Word. If I have not adequately covered my understanding of Galatians 2:21 in this treatise I will answer after you have digested my discourse.

As I have stated, this treatise represents my current views, which you asked for, and which I am not trying to force on others. I welcome all critiques and comments. If there are errors, please show me from Scripture. I am open to correction, as I hope we all are. I will post at Bible Studies in multiple installments.

I remind readers of my “statement of faith” which I posted previously on another thread:

Quote:
I am fully trusting in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His faithfulness for my salvation and have full assurance of my salvation, recognizing my shortcomings and eternally grateful for God's pardon (not acquittal) of my sins. (John 3:16)

Because I love Him, I keep His commandments (Exodus 20:6; Deut. 5:10; John 14:15; John 15:10).

Galatians is a book much misunderstood. It is talking about those trying to be JUSTIFIED by works of the law (especially circumcision and Jewish customs). I am JUSTIFIED by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ who pardoned my sins. I am not trying to earn my salvation in any way, any more than those of you who get baptized after conversion are trying to earn your way to Heaven by this act of obedience. (Habbakuk. 2:4; Romans 1:17)
One thing I have learned from studying the Hebraic perspective over the past 7 years is to think in terms of “this...and” rather than “either....or.” In other words, thinking in terms of building blocks (precept upon precept) rather than Greek-style linear thinking. Greek thinking tends to polarize into “if this is right, then that is wrong” rather than seeing nuance, subtle shades of meaning, and multiple facets of a topic, Scripture, or even a single word. This is why Paul is said to be hard to understand (2 Peter 3:16). Paul’s brilliant writings are full of nuance, word play, subtleties, Hebraisms, etc. In the final analysis, he does NOT contradict Peter, James, Jude, John, Luke, etc., and he most certainly does not contradict his Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

The treatise was originally published as a booklet that my husband and I distributed in 2004 as an offshoot of our Moss Patch Newsletter. My husband is editor-in-chief and approved this updated version of the message. It will also be posted on my blog if anyone would like to leave comments there.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my views.

Tandi