Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 AM
tandy1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
As for the man you speak of, well, I don't know the whole story, only the short paragraph you have given me, which sounds like a sermon illustration of Ray Comfort's or some other lordship salvation preacher.
Nonsense. Someone left a Chick track "This was your life" in a flower pot at a grocery store I was working in in 1971. God used that track to bring me under Holy Ghost conviction. There is no lordship salvation in that track! It teaches repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. Period.

Furthermore, if that is true, and I have no reason to doubt that... I wonder what is missing from the story... why does this guy not go to church. Why does he go out and get drunk? And more importantly, why are you telling him he is lost because he sins. What are you expecting him to do? Look up to you and see a sinless man?

He goes out and gets drunk because he is a lost sinner in need of salvation. He is religious but lost.

2Co 12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

This doesn't have to do with salvation. He already spent the entire first book and second book telling them everything that is wrong with the church, and he is warning them that if he comes and they are acting carnal still, well, he ain't going to be happy.

Hogwash. Paul told them to examine themselves as to whether they were in the faith except they be reprobates.

You quoted Acts 11:18 - why? It has the word repent in it, but it isn't relevant to what I said...

God grants Gentiles repentance unto life. Repentance comes before salvation not after like the Campbellites teach.

Seeing as your posts don't even address the actual thread (which was about tracts, not altar calls, prayers, carnal christianity or even steven anderson), one could come to the conclusion that you are here pushing your agenda!
I mentioned altar calls and prayers because many people (myself included for several years) believe that if they walk down an aisle and say a prayer after some preacher they will be saved. Many have never been converted and their hearts are just as wicked as the Pharisees.

I preach repentance. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. That's repentance right there. Turning to Jesus Christ. It's all an unsaved man can do. He can't stop sinning. He doesn't even want to stop.
Any man who has no desire to turn to God from what he knows is wrong has never been convicted by the Holy Spirit. It is with the heart belief that saves not getting someone to say a prayer and being religious.

Here is the fulfillment of Luke 24:47

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Nonsense. Jesus declared the gospel right there in verse 46 in plain King James English. You simply don't wish to believe it. “Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: “ And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Tandy, there is no such thing as saving faith. The term occurs not once in the entire Bible. Faith is the channel by which God's grace is given to us. Faith is the means by which we receive salvation from God. But the OBJECT of faith is what saves. Jesus Christ is the object of faith. Faith in itself is not saving unless it is placed in Jesus. It's the object of the faith, not the quality.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.