View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:25 AM

I do not believe there is anything in this dispensation that could prohibit interratial marriage (Paul doesn't ever mention it when he speaks of men taking wives). Nor do I think ANYONE could make the case against such a marriage (I'm sure people try, and I'm willing to bet they fail to rightly divide and resort to using the OT). As far as I see it, we are all descendents of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, along with their wives. The only benefits one could attribute to genetic purity, in my opinion, are completely carnal. Those benefits would only appeal to ones sense of self worth, and ultimately would service ones pride.

... the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (1 John 2:16 KJV)

At the end of the day we all will shed this corrupt flesh and put on the incorruptable and be like Jesus. And I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, Lord Jesus is engaged to marry every single member of His Church, and He doesn't care if any of us are black, white, asian, greek or jew. We are ALL precious in His sight!

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. (Romans 12:5 KJV)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28 KJV)

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: (Ephesians 1:10 KJV)

So let us put aside this petty little debate. It makes us look bad.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen