View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Acts 2 is a perfect example of how you can share the facts of Christ death but still not share the gospel of grace. you will notice not once does Peter tell them that the death, burial and resurrection is for the forgiveness of sins personally. all of Peters narrative is to establish and prove to Israel that Jesus Christ as their rightful Messiah and King.

I hear it in many churches even today. you can give them historical facts and narrate the passion and resurrection of our Lord and still if you don't tell them what it was "for" it is not the gospel of Grace. it would be another gospel.

I heard a man preach this at his altar call after a terrible hacked up scripture mess, "Are you sick, do you have family problems, are you overwhelmed with the things of this world? Well Jesus died for you so give your life to Jesus, come forward and commit your life to him that is why he died for you." you se this is the subtly of the Devil to keep men from sharing the true Gospel. it is another Gospel.

I think you all would agree with me on this.

Last edited by chette777; 05-25-2009 at 08:10 PM.