View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Bro. George, though we've had some differences over my short time on this board, I must say that I'm blessed beyond imagination at how you handled this buffoon; in this thread you've provided a stellar exhibit of how any Christian man should act, and I hope and pray to be able to reply with the same wisdom and temperance that you used here. I thank God for your example and your wisdom on the issue of God's Holy Word, the King James Bible.

Aloha brother MC1171611,

I greatly appreciate your comments brother, and although we have had a strong disagreement between us, I regard you as a true brother in Christ, and I also have appreciated many of your Posts on this Forum.

If we Christians can't peacefully agree to "disagree" (at times, and over issues that are not "major doctrine") how are we to demonstrate to the world - the Christian love that we are supposed to possess, and are commanded by our Lord, to practice?

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I believe these words as much as I do any other part of the Bible, and although I may be the "old curmudgeon" - next to God, my wife, and my family, I treasure my Christian friends more than anything else in this world. And, to be truthful, I am closer to some my Christian friends than even some of my immediate family (sad to say ).

May God bless you and yours during this Holiday Season and throughout the coming New Year!