View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 PM

Default Re: "The Two Witnesses"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
"here is my view.

It is either two totally unknown Jewish believers in Christ who will be revealed during that time.

or it is Enoch of Gen5:24 and Elijah. Neither Enoch or Elijah died. And the scriptures tell us that it is appointed for every man to DIE ONCE then face judgement. Will Moses or John be risen to die again? Remember it can not violate Gods finished complete inspired inerrant preserved word of God.

also remember a glorified body can not face destruction or corruption it is free from that. the two witness have their head cut off that is destruction and they die. Corruption by Jewish standards starts as early as 3 1/2 to 4 days after death hence the reason God did not leave Christ in the grave and raised him on the third day and fulfill the scripture that his holy one would not see corruption. Also Rev 11:11 And AFTER three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. were their heads on their bodies when they stood up? We are not told? headless bodies standing up would answer why so many feared them.

Moses nor any righteous OT saint have glorified bodies yet. they have to face the GWT judgement of all the dead and enter the New Jerusalem to eat of the tree of life and drink of the rivers of the water of life. that is why we read for Israel that some are raised to everlasting glory and some to everlasting destruction in the last day." Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
John 5:28, 29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Acts 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Aloha brother Chette,

For what it's worth consider and compare:

Quote:
Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Please consider:
Quote:
1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
The Bible states: The Lord "will have ALL MEN {ALL = "Inclusive"} to be saved" - But are "ALL MEN" {ALL = "Inclusive"} going "to be saved"? And Do ALL MEN "come unto the knowledge of the truth"?
Quote:
Acts 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Are the "all men" in the Scripture verse above "inclusive" of ALL MEN that were alive on the earth at this time? Of course not. The word "ALL" in the Bible can be speaking "in general" (and NOT be "all inclusive") or it can be "all inclusive" as in:
Quote:
1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Obviously - the "meaning" is determined by the context.

The Scriptures state:
"it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" The Scriptures did NOT "SAY": that "all men" MUST DIE; and they do NOT say: that "all men" MUST DIE ONLY ONCE. The Scriptures state: "it is appointed" - Hebrews 9:27 is a general statement of fact - there have been EXCEPTIONS - Enoch & Elijah foremost, PLUS all those people who were raised from the dead in both the Old Testament and the New Testament (who died again - a second time) - the Bible has recorded EXCEPTIONS to the "general rule", of that none of us can deny. So what do we do?

Now we know and believe that there are NO errors or contradictions in the Bible, so then when we come to a verse such as Hebrews 9:27 we must search the Scriptures and seek the mind of Christ in this matter in order to determine "what is truth".

The "truth" is that there are recorded instances in the Holy Scriptures of people (Enoch & Elijah) who NEVER DIED. That being the case - "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" CANNOT "mean" that "all men" MUST DIE! {Because there have been "EXCEPTIONS"}

And the "truth" is that there are recorded instances in the Holy Scriptures of people who died, (both in the Old & New Testaments) and who were raised from the dead, and who DIED AGAIN, i.e. A SECOND TIME! That being the case - "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" CANNOT "mean" that "all men" MUST DIE ONLY ONCE. {Because again, there have been "EXCEPTIONS"}

This being the case, we are faced with the fact that either there are contradictions in the Holy Bible (which I do not accept or believe), or: "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" is a "general rule" and does NOT "MEAN" (what many make it "mean") that "all men" MUST DIE; or that "all men" MUST DIE ONLY ONCE.

Now on to the "two witnesses". The Tribulation is called "the time of Jacob's trouble". [Jeremiah 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.] That being the case - then the Tribulation is peculiarly Jewish, having to do with God calling His people (the nation of Israel) back to Him.

Would God use a "Gentile" to call His people? I doubt it! No, whoever the "two witnesses" are, they are definitely going to be "HEBREWS" - that's how God dealt with the Israelites all throughout the Old Testament; throughout the Lord's earthly ministry (the Four Gospels); and throughout the Book of Acts.

God has always used Hebrews (Prophets or Apostles) to deal with His Hebrew children, and I don't believe that He is going to change the "pattern" in the Tribulation. And knowing how stubborn and self-righteous the Jews are - do you really think that they will listen to some Gentile? I doubt it.

I believe that brother Tony and brother Sammy and some of the other brethren are correct. I believe that the two witnesses will be Moses and Elijah. Neither one of them possess a "glorified" body yet, and so both of them would still be subject to DEATH!

Enoch is a "type" of the "believer" (in the church age) who will NEVER DIE. Moses is a "type" of the "believer" (A "Hebrew" believer - in the Tribulation) who will die in the Tribulation, and who will be "raised" (without a "glorified" body) to go into the Millennial reign of Christ, and who will die AGAIN in it. And Elijah is a "type" of the "believer" (A "Hebrew" believer -in the Tribulation) who will live through it and be caught out near the end, who will return for the Millennial reign of Christ, and who will die in it.

These are doctrines and beliefs that many of us hold, but certainly are NOT "Fellowship" breakers. I will not argue or debate over this issue, because there is too much speculation involved and not enough Scripture to make this one of the Major doctrines. This is a personal "conviction" that I hold, but I do not "insist" that you or anyone else MUST believe as I do in this matter.

As brother Tony would say - "Grace and peace" brother.

Last edited by George; 06-23-2009 at 12:14 PM.