View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 PM

Default Re: "A Question Concerning Hell --"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie View Post
"Thank you, Brother George. This is the clearest explanation on what happens...according to Gods' Word!... when we die. I'd been told about 'soul sleep' when I was a new christian, but somehow it didn't ring true..even tho they made it 'sound' like truth...my heart wasn't at peace.
Is there a site you know, that I could get the entire teaching on this? Thanks so much for any help
"

Blessings
Aloha sister Billie,

I greatly appreciate your kind remarks, however, I regret to say, that I seldom recommend anyone (nowadays) when it comes to Bible issues or doctrine. There are a few men (very few) that are Scripturally sound, but the sad fact is most of the so-called Bible teachers and preachers today are either looking for "a following" [Acts 20:30], or they are trying to SELL you something [1Timothy 6:10] or BOTH!

According to the Scriptures, we are supposed to be doing all things for the edification of the brethren [Romans 14:19; Romans 15:2; 1Corinthians 10:23; 14:5, 12, 26; 2Corinthians 12:19; Ephesians 4:12,1 6, 29; 1Thesallonians 5:11; 1Timothy 1:4]. The problem today (in this time of blatant apostasy) is that practically every man (saved or lost) is doing that which is "right in his own eyes" - exactly like in the days of the "Judges" in Israel.

Judges 21:25
In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Judges 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

We are living in a time of "anarchy" (like in "Judges"), where there is no FINAL AUTHORITY. And as far as most Christians are concerned, since they no longer have a FINAL AUTHORITY, they are going along with the rest of the world and just "doing their thing". But what they have forgotten or are deliberately ignoring is that:

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." [Proverbs 21:2]

If we Christians think that we are going to be able to plead "ignorance" when it comes to these matters, because of the anarchy and confusion around us, we had better have another thought coming. We have God's perfect and Holy word. We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us. The Lord has instructed all of us that: '"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." [Matthew 4:4] and He has commanded us to: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." [2 Timothy 2:15]. So we are without excuse.

It behooves all of us to continually strive to remember that, in spite of what men may say or do, the following will always and forever be true:

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.