View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post

I think, as evidenced by the huge discrepencies between the real quotation and the misquotation of Luke 10 in the previous post, that we are reading someone who is insincere regarding his questioning.

It is clear that the lawyer was not quoting Deuteronomy 6:5 word for word. But his answer certainly correctly interprets the spirit of the law.

Jesus was ..testing ..whether he knew the fundamental teaching of the law.
Greetings, bibleprotector. I don't know you, aside from your postings on this board. We have never met. A cursory review of my posting history ought to be clear. Please, do not impugn my motives here, and I will not question your's. Does that seem fair?

The scripture quoted was from the KJVER, 'Sword Bible', the subject of my first post. Lest you think the 'ER' is the niche' of this bible, it's not. You see, it's also available in the traditional KJV, replete with the Elizabethan. Despite the removal of the Olde English from the verses, there are no changes.

I highlighted that latter portion of your post which stood out at me. It would seem that you agree that, it's not so much the LETTER of the LAW, but the SPIRIT of the law that Jesus was examining. Indeed, that the lawyer may not have gotten the WORD/S exactly right; however, he didn't miss the meaning, nor the application.

Thanks.