View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:45 PM

Default Re: " Titus 3:10 Are you a heretic or "divisive"?"

Aloha brother Will,

Thanks (once again) for another edifying study. The Polls that you cited clearly demonstrate the perverse influence HUMANISM has had on modern day "Christians"!

Without a "FINAL AUTHORITY" in a person's life:

Judges 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Judges 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

With today's Christians' emphasis on a "Formal Education" as being the only "legitimate" way to determine whether a man is fit (eligible) for the ministry, these downward "trends" are certain to continue!

The Biblical "requirements" for a bishop (pastor/elder) are:

1 Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

I didn't see any requirement for a B.D., M.Div., D.D., D.Min., or a Th.D.!

A "Christian education", "Christian schooling", a "high I.Q.", or "knowledge of the Bible" is NO "guarantee" that someone has any spiritual discernment, spiritual understanding, or spiritual wisdom; or that they are genuinely "called" of God to the ministry; or that they have been fit ("gifted") by God for the ministry!

The "ministry" today has become a "CAREER", i.e. a "PROFESSION" - NOT A CALLING!

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

HOW can a man be called of God to the "ministry" - IF he doesn't know WHAT the word of God is, and IF he doesn't know WHERE to find it? HOW can a man be called of God to the "ministry" - IF he has NO "LOVE of the truth" [2 Thessalonians 2:10]; and IF he is NOT "VALIANT for the truth" [Jeremiah 9:3]?

Acts 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.