View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Thanks for sharing your finding. The sad part is a new believer or an undescerning reader will not be able to tell the error of the ESV and the new translations without someone showing the differences to them. The early part of my new life was spent reading the NIV. I thought that was the Bible everyone uses. Until someone showed me the missing Acts 8:37 and my eyes were opened. The funny part was that then I bought a NKJV because the advertisement says it's the same as the KJV without the old english words. Then I read a booklet about NKJV some time after and finally switched to the real deal, KJB, the preserved Word of God.
Tim, I had 130 versions of the bible in English, I spent 7 years collecting them. I only believed one version. 129 turned out to be just variations and translations of Codex Vaticanus, they were in my possession as a collection to show people the version "issue". A friend of mine bought the New Scofield(1967 edition) and was lamenting the fact when I showed him it was neither a Scofield nor a KJV. I told him to keep it, use it for comparison as a warning to others. I hope you still have your NKJV and NIV, you can show others the corruptions. As a bible, if I was on the moon and only had two choices among the "MVs", I'd take a Watchtower NWT translation over the NIV, the NIV is the most corrupt and sorry excuse for a "bible" I ever saw.

Grace and peace to you

Tony