View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Default Good points Amanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
If we don't require that he abandon this lifestyle we are allowing him to fornicate and therefore we will have to put him away from the fellowship of the believers.

Paul says - I Cor. 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

And please do not use this verse to defend having more than one wife!? The context is completely having to do with believers and unbelievers staying married! If one is going to use this verse to defend polygamy then one must use it to defend homosexuality.

And in my humble opinion, my problem is with you on this subject as I completely understand what the Scriptures say regarding this.

Well said Amanda, I also have no problem with God's word (I have used it all the way through this subject and never out of its context!)

Personally, I don't think that this thread can keep going in this direction much longer. In a way I wish I hadn't presented the 7 wives situation - My intent was to provoke additional thought on the matter for healthy interaction but when people start getting accused of having a problem with God's word (I wonder who?) then what else can I say.

I have no bitter feelings towards Greenbear as she is my sister in Christ, plus a healthy interaction about biblical subjects are always beneficial. But I cannot accept the way that some passages of Scripture are being presented to defend the very thing that they are speaking against.

I feel for Brandon and the rest of the folks on the forum because things like this could prove to be the final straw (I sincerely hope not).

If it has gone too far then I will say that I am sorry to all of you for raising the question in the first place.

God bless

PaulB