Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Biblical marriage is not about being yoked together. It is about being joined together.
True that marriage is being joined together. But consider this Scripture:
Quote:
1Co 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
Would you say that according to the Word that marriage is also a bondage? You are bound to your mate?

Quote:
Jer 30:8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
Here breaking a yoke is breaking a bond. There are other such verses that equate a yoke with servitude.

Quote:
Jesus is the plowman. We are not "yoked" with Him.
Agreed.

Quote:
It destroys the true analogy that Christ and Paul gave of being joined to Christ, being in Christ.
And marrying an unbeliever doesn't destroy that analogy?

Quote:
Who are we to say what God can or can't do when a believer marries an unbeliever? How many times do each one of us sin every single day of our lives? Are we to be hypocrites?
I don't think I ever said that...this is what I said:

Quote:
James 4:17 comes to mind.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

While
Quote:
it's not up to us to shake a finger, scowl and judge
, it will be judged as sin by God. I don't believe as a state of sin, but a single act of sin.
I also said,

Quote:
If married to an unbeliever one will certainly have heartache, I've seen horrendous situations where 1 spouse was saved and the other not. I believe the outcome would certainly be a sowing/reaping situation, but I am not suggesting the Lord will condemn such a marriage but just the natural progression of things. There are many things that we do that have negative consequences, but are not a direct punishment from the Lord.
Are you saying that it's good to marry an unbeliever?

Oh yeah as to this comment,

Quote:
Smarts is not always discernment. Don't take offense. I like you a lot. But from what I've read you don't always look at the big picture.
Forgive me. Perhaps you'd like to show me the bigger picture. Feel free when I offer my simplistic posts to either pass over them or bring me alongside..."Now Amanda, you've got some good points but let me show you the bigger picture" I welcome you to.

Kinds reminds me of the ole Southern "bless their heart"...LoL One can say whatever they wish as long as you end it by saying "bless their heart"