View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Forum Administrator

Brother BABB514, I mean no offense with this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 View Post
I was a meat-eater all my life until around two years ago or more.
Presently, I eat no meat, fish, chicken, dairy, butter, eggs, cheese or non-distilled water.
Christians always look at me weird when I say this, especially since the third Baptist `sacrement` is the BUFFET, but I DON`T do it as a doctrine of devils, nor to keep any laws whatsoever. I do it for health reasons.
Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

(Before the Law)
Any teaching that says vegetarian diets are healthier than omnivorous diets for human beings is contrary to Scripture. Even if you do not preach dietary restrictions, you should still be careful about telling people that being a vegetarian is "healthier" than having a rounded diet. Nothing in the Bible supports that.

Quote:
Ever heard of vitamin B17? of course you havn't:
It's not actually a true vitamin. But I see no harm in trying to use it -- however, telling people it can cure a disease is irresponsible. There is nothing wrong with trying to improve your diet, but making claims like that discredits the rest of your message.

Quote:
Cooking your food removes all living vitamins, making it nutritionally devoid of anything except minerals.
Why did Abraham have his wife cook food (including meat) for the angles and the Lord that visited them?

Also, it is known that many nutritive elements of different foods require cooking to make them usable by the body.

Quote:
Check out some of the Biblical precedent:
Genesis 1:29 (God made the perfect human body, and told them to eat the perfect fuel for that body)
Which, of course, was in an ecosystem that no longer exists. It didn't even rain before the Flood, so going back to a pre-flood ecosystem for your diet is a big mistake. The soil is different now than it was then. We also do not have access to the Tree of Life. Finally, nothing after the Flood ever indicates that "raw food diets" are "good" -- everything in the Book about food, after the Fall, is all well-rounded (there are lots of rules about what to eat in Mosaic Law, and no suggestion that uncooked vegitables are "it").

Quote:
Ezekiel 4:9 (recipe for healthy bread)
And if you are in a city under seige with no access to other foods, I'd say, go for it!
Ezekiel 4:9 Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof.