View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Note that Whirlwind asserts his superior knowledge to you.

“I thought, as you,………………… However, I now understand”.

He tells us to “allow the Scriptures to answer” then produces verses that have no relevance to the topic at hand.

He tells us to “allow the Scriptures to answer”, but denies the very words of Scripture.
Revelation 11
3. And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5. And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
He then throws in smiley faces because he thinks its funny to mock the Word of God. I mentioned a while back about dealing with a young man who had gotten off into the "serpent seed" teaching. Whirlwind sounds just like him.
I appreciate you comments brother. You can't read the Bible for people Craig, and one thing I've learned over the mists of time is that the Jews are not the only people who are stubborn and stiffnecked.

Here is what amazes me:

Re 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

What is the significance of the "and" I highlighted? No one seems to argue that Elijah is the first Witness:

1Ki 17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

I'm not going to post 5 chapters from Exodus, look in Rev. 11:6 "and" we see that we are given twice the evidence that Moses is the Second Witness yet most people bury their head in the sand, all that down there is the "Gestalt" method of "interpretation" that was taught by that crazy TV evangelist Gene Scott back in the 80s. "Consider all alternatives". Yeah, Charley Manson made good use of Revelation, let's ask him.

Grace and peace brother

Tony