View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Thanks to all who are praying for my son and others.

My son's stories, however, have really caused a lot of mental frustration on my part. There has to be an easier way to accomplish what his unit is doing there...I asked him why the Iraqi police could not come to some central area and get their own supplies...Now, as of June 30th, there will be no more combat patrols, keeping the routes clear for the convoys. It will be up to the convoys themselves to watch out for the bad guys.
I'll be praying for both you and your son. Can you give his first name? If not, I understand. These soldiers do impossible missions on a daily basis. Kids not old enough to legally drink alcohol in the US handle life-and-death situations under extreme pressure and at great personal sacrifice.

The next time any of you see a soldier, sailor, airman or marine in uniform at the airport, at a restaurant, a grocery store or wherever, shake their hand and tell them that you appreciate what they are doing. Buy their dinner. Ask them where they're from. Write a "Thank you" note on a 3x5 card, title it "To the Next Soldier I Meet" and the look for the opportunity to give it away. And above all, tell them to put their faith in Jesus Christ.