View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Lively Stone

Bro. Brandon:

Quote:
this age(which I understand to mean ).
Lean not unto your own understanding for the translators who had access to material we never dreamed of decided this should be world and not age.

This is an attempt of Satan and New Age philosophers to add into Gods Holy writ another name for him. This is how Satan operates; always concealing his true identity with another symbol or name, and thereby gain legitimacy. Because he has deceived many Christians, he has become the “god” of this world. This Bible scripture simply does not say this in II Corinthians 4:4. It is completely out of context with chapter 3 of II Corinthians.

You seem to want to change the thesis I wrote to another argument. I can understand that a seminary trained denominational pastor would have to defend their position even it it were wrong. It is hard to admit that one has been glorifying Satan and giving him glory the Bible simply does not give him.
A few pastors have repented of this heresy but not many because they would face the wrath of their denomination and lose their credentials. It is hard to repent for teaching error after all your a pastor. My experience of 62 years is pastors don't repent unless they get caught.

Quote:
The "god of this world" easily cross-references with Ephesians 2, which I have already quoted. To say that the "god of this world" is the One True God is to say that God's spirit is "the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience."
Now you are simply making up nonsense. How does prince of the power of the air equate with being a god. A prince is not even a King. You have tried to be deceptive and mislead the readers.

Quote:
The word means age. That is reinterpreting.
How is the word "world" used in 2Pe 3:6? If the "world that then was" doesn't mean a time passed, what does it mean? We see from the Bible's own use of the word that it can mean a period of time (age). This is somewhat beside the point, though -- you are arguing that "the god of this world" in 2Co 4:4 is not Satan but the One True God.

Really off the subject. You claim to be the champion of the perfect word of God and then try to reinterpretet it and change the words. Simply not being honest with what you claim you believe.

Quote:
you are arguing that "the god of this world" in 2Co 4:4 is not Satan but the One True God.
Yes that is exactly what I am doing and like you said in your own comment, your comment is beside the point and misleading to the readers.

Quote:
Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Wonderful scripture and very true but has nothing to do with the argument. Are you straining at a knat? The thesis is not about whether or not Satan has power. My thesis proves he does if God says he does. Did you read the entire thesis or did you just start attacking it to kill the messinger. Please stick to the argument.

Quote:
You should not accuse me of not believing God. Jesus preached that the devil uses this power. How can I be accused of not believing God by taking this at face value
Because the issue presented is not about the power of Satan. Again did you read it in it's entirety? You are willing to change word in the Bible when it is conenient to your argument. Is that living up to what you claim your site is about and believing God?

You go on rambling about the power of Satan in a gleeful manner further and distort the whole basis of my thesis. Exalt him some more.

There is life and death in the power of the toungue and you have made Satan a god. Wow and no where in the Bible does it say this. That is quite a pronoucement upon the people you shepard. Better to teach about the power of the name of Jesus Christ.Another poster already showed how this comes about:

Quote:
(2Th 2) "because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
Thats a coincidence I quoted that scripture in my thesis. Don't you have anything to disprove my thesis instead of changing the subject and quoting scriptures I already quoted? Come on you are not disproving my thesis but simple playing at kill the messenger. I don't believe you would repent even if read the thesis and agreed. I simply do not believe you have given my thesis adequate reading.

Quote:
(Note: the capital "G" in the original 1611 KJV.)

By the way, I don't think this line of argumentation supports your case. This is not the only verse where an upper-case G in the 1611 edition was changed to lower-case g in subsequent editions. Another example is here:
So what? If you had read my thesis I showed you some Bibles including the KJB and some previous versions in English and German and Aramaic. Someone made a mistake making that a little "g" to cause much confusion. Why would previous versions have a capital G and not now. You are wrong again.

Quote:
The fact is that our current KJV represents a purification of previous editions (as the KJV itself was a purification of previous translation). When cross-referencing "god of this world" with "prince of the powers of the air," etc, clearly shows us that Satan is to whom this refers, it doesn't seem like a good idea to advocate that we revert this one lower-case g to upper-case because of previous editions.
Then why in this scripture is the purified version have a capital G. A belly is not a big G God.

Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Your argument is just plain silly.

Quote:
3. Last I checked in my King James Bible, the word "god" had a little "g". I don't believe in correcting my Bible, do you? Crossreferenced with John 12:31, I firmly believe Satan is in view in that verse.
Do your homework. The KJB has had hundreds of thousands of spelling and grammar corrections. At what point do think there were no more spelling and grammatical errors?

Quote:
Convincing me that this isn't a reference to our adversary (Satan) is going to take some doing!
Never said that. Again you are throwing dust in the air because you have neither read nor understood my thesis. You take many liberties with the truth.

My impression you will say anything to try to make points with your readers so you won't be wrong. The fact is however you have raised many questions and quoted many scriptures, none of which have anything at all to do with my thesis that Satan is not the God of this world or any other place. You want to glorify him to god status. The Bible never, never calls him that. If you read my thesis, I show some of the perverted bibles that now use the word satan as part of their quote because you preachers have made up this stupidity for so many years it is now considered matter of fact by attrition.

Bro. Danny