View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 12:19 PM

Brother Forrest, the post itself hasnt disturbed me, neither has the poster, its a subject (and I am sure many have encountered it before) that I have seen used to bring evil intention against the lost in a fruitless effort, to tell a lost and needy sinner that God hates them is a step to braking them altogether. What they really need to hear is of the Greatest Love ever given, a Crucified Saviour who died for us, rose again and is seated at the right hand of power.
All through the New Testament Christ expounds that we must love our enemies even when they hate us.

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

The World hated, despised and Crucified The Lord Jesus Christ, yet on the cross he forgave them
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

I certainly agree that God hated evil, workers of iniquity in the Old
Testament, But Christ was a new way, a way that allows those who were and are dead in their sins to draw close to an Almighty Sovereign God, through that Powerful shed Blood of a risen Saviour

God in the new testament mentions hate in Revelation regarding the Nicolatians and that was hate of their deeds and False Doctrine, not the people doing the deeds or holding to the Doctrine.

Revelation 2:6
But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
Revelation 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

I pray your Health is well Brother, I still have limited time on the net now as I still have none at home and only get online at my Mothers.
God Bless you and Yours

Your Brother In Christ