View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
truthsayer

Default Scripture corrects Bible notes; Don't be fooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed_0331 View Post
....Of course there were times when I did not agree totaly with him. Scofield, I would say, helped begin my searching for more commentary and in researching different topics. Although I enjoy reading and learning about Gods word I find the Word much more satisfying and enlightening in study. I cannot remember the exact text in which scofield altered the Word, but I will try and get that information for you. For the last two years I have been enjoying a Dakes Holy Bible. It has great commentary although I dont agree with him on probably more than Scofield. I feel better knowing the Word is correct.
---I inherited Dake's commentary from my Dad, and immediately found two things that were way wrong. One is the "gap theory", something he probably picked up from Scofield, who was responsible for this ridiculous prop for Darwinism.

The other one was to say that Jesus did not become the Son of God, or divine, or the Messiah, etc.etc., until he his baptism by John. It's a conjecture at best, adding to the word at worst. Jesus said "my father's business" and he was "the holy one of God" while still in the womb.

A third one is pre-Tribulation rapture, which is easily corrected by Jesus' plain words in Matthew 24, and Paul's warning against that very thing in II Thessalonians 2.

(Except for those who believe Jesus sent the apostles out 2x2 at different times to preach incompatible gospels, along with other many problems)