View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Brother Tony:

I am asking you to refrain from the taunting. It is not honorable. I have no fear to DEBATE this issue with you. I am quite "up to discussing" the issue if I felt that it would be fruitful. Would you respond any differently if it were I who gave the Scriptural references that others already have? I don't think so. Would my words carry greater weight with you than others' words have? I doubt it. So tell me, what use is there to continue a fruitless argument? So one of us can declare himself a winner? I have no interest in such. You are wrong with this doctrine. Two millinia of godly saints have practiced baptism with no doubt in its appropriateness. It will continue to be practiced by faithful followers of Christ until He returns. Only then will it end. How you interpret the Scriptures as a whole affects your point-of-view on this issue, and no amount of Scriptural evidence or "discussion" on my part is going to change you. I ask that you leave my name out of any further discussion by you on this topic. Thank you.
I've taunted no one brother. I didn't start this thread. I've refrained from saying that the IFBs are teaching and preaching the unScriptural notion of two baptisms till it became a necessity to say those very words. You cannot judge volume, tone of voice, facial expression, or thoughts and intents of the heart from a blank text message of black letters on a white page. You made the statement, seemingly in jest, that you wished to gauge my comments as a way of learning what the Grace Movement teaching is in order to counter it. I thought the original intent of the thread was not to "convert" anyone, but to see my responses in order to refute them. In other words, I was to be used as a whetrock. Just like the Jehovah's Witnesses do.

I'd hoped for better responses Tim, but am not surprised at the outcome. I expected some of you to bail out, when the Scripture got deep, but I didn't expect it to be two seasoned Scriptural warriors like you and brother Parrish, I expected it to be a newbie and not what I consider to be part of the Inner Circle here. I expected it to be one of the periodic trouble makers who join to make converts unto themselves.

If I've said anything that can be construed as indecent or out of order I will apologize as nothing I have said has been intended as being either. I wish to respond to what I feel led to till the thread runs out of steam or the webmaster tells us to cease.

Right hand of fellowship brother, yea or nay?

Grace and peace to you Tim.

Tony