View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I have to post here and clarify this statement, for I know that Bro Chette will not puffeth himself up in regards to his "business" as Bro Parish called it.
Chette is a pastor of a Church in the Philippines, A Church built, established and supplied by faith , preaching the Glorious Gospel of Christ in one of the last regions where the Gospel has not been heard, I am quite certain they suffer hardships and trials that we in our own comfort DO NOT. Persecution from government, LACK of money, growth of insurgency in their area so I would say that not paying taxes does not tip the scales into balance there. I posted to clarify that Chette is in service for the Lord and NOT running a business.
I felt personally that there was no need to end a biting quote with "God bless you brother, best wishes for your success" it didn't read genuine to me.
Bro Chette has posted that he wish no further on this subject and offered apology where he felt convicted to do so.
Bro Parish I suggest you do the same and let the subject end.

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
I would be happy to let the tax subject end, brother!
To be clear, this thread started as a simple link to an update on a Creationist, perhaps you should read all the posts before you type anything else here.

As for my comments,
I was simply responding to what Chette wrote in post no. 34, I think even you would have to agree this can be interpreted as "business oriented," especially to one who doesn't know Chette or his goals. (Please take a moment and see his quote below).

Now, let's all take a deep breath and sing "Kumbaya"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
My income from the US is only taxable only in the US. I pay a community tax and property tax in the Philippines every years. if I make over $200 a month from Philippines sources then I need to pay tax on it at the end of each year. But I don't make any money here as of yet.

when and if we go into business I need to pay business taxes, plus employee tax deductible dividends that need to be done every quarter. Or I can report the employees full wages to the BIR and the employee is responsible to pay their own tax if over $200 per month. most only live on $40 a week and never make the taxable grade

but we are not doing any business yet we are planning to do some in the next year but we may not make any money.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-01-2009 at 09:09 AM.