View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Kinney View Post
Hi Luke. Actually, I don't think the number Three is that difficult at all. Even Jamieson, Fausset and Brown's commentary has this to say: "The mighty men or champions in David's military staff were divided into three classes--the highest, Jashobeam, Eleazar, and Shammah; the second class, Abishai, Benaiah, and Asahel; and the third class, the thirty, of which Asahel was the chief."

We know from the Scriptures themselves in 1 Chron. 11 that both Abishai and Benaiah were two of the three men who risked their lives to draw water out of the well of Bethlehem. The other one is not named, but these three divisions apparently did exist in David's army.

Will K
Here a good one I get hit with and always answer a question with a question:

Ezr 2:13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.
Ne 7:18 The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven.

1. How many Adonikams, one or two? How many Tims and Matthews are there on this forum?
2. Which group does Ezra record, Judah(southern kingdom) or Israel(northern kingdom)?
3. Which group does Nehemiah record, Judah(southern kingdom) or Israel(northern kingdom)?

As I said in my little thing on Triple Inspiration, the ones who criticize the Scriptures the most are the ones who study and use it the least.

Grace and peace my friends.

Tony