Thread: I take my leave
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM

Default LarryB

Larryb- If you are still reading these, I want you to know that I will pray for you. I will pray that GOD leads you in his truth. I have very little patience for false doctrine but endeavor to separate individuals from belief systems. My unsolicited advice would be to search your heart and see what your goal really was coming into this forum. That is between you and GOD. I love you regardless and will pray for you as I do the other members of this forum.

God, Show us your truth and not ours.

Honest question since we are talking about Belief systems and Reformed stuff.

How does the Reformists/Calvinists Church and leaders respond when asked about Michael Servetus and the others who disagreed with the Pope of Geneva, and were subsequently killed for their belief?

When I was studying this, that raised a lot of RED FLAGS right away. Beheadings, burnings and imprisonment seem like a pretty stern punishment for "Heresy" even though Rome had been leading the way for a long time. I find it difficult to take anything Calvin said serious after studying that. I am glad that I learned about that after I studied their belief system though, otherwise I would have stopped looking instantly.

Blessings to all,

Brother-Smith

Last edited by Brother-Smith; 07-15-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Clarity.