Thread: Copyrights
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Bro. Parrish

Well I agree there are more potent points to ponder,
but the fact remains that the vast majority of the modern per-versions on the market DO have copyrighted text, I think the KJV is STILL the only really popular Bible used today without a copyright, and it certainly proves one thing;
man can't control what he doesn't own.

Since the KJV is the one Bible that God has chosen, blessed and used more than all others, it may be worth consideration. The lack of copyright is perhaps more important when we stop to consider what if the KJV actually WAS restricted by copyright to this day? What impact would that have had on the revivals in history, missionary efforts around the world, and even the culture of the U.S.? The lack of copyright meant it could now be produced in very large editions for MASS PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION, so it established complete dominance in public and ecclesiastical use in the English-speaking Protestant world. That allowed for 250 years of outright dominance (I guess roughly 1700 to 1950) over all other versions, and it's still popular today. Food for thought.