View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I used to love it too.. I've become a bit rusty lately. Perhaps I should sharpen my sword (well, it doesn't need to be sharpened. It already is the sharpest one out there, even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and the joints and marrow. I just need to unsheathe it a bit more!)

Proclaiming the perfection of the KJB was a joy! I want that back Brother.
Brother, you have to crucify the flesh with it's afflictions. and contend for the faith with something they cannot counter: Scripture. Examine all the Scriptures pertaining to what a prophet is. A prophet is not someone who merely prognosticates, he is not a fortune teller, a prophet came and said, Thus saith the Lord. A prophet speaks the word of God. Paul said prophecies shall cease, yes. But when Luke declares, It is written, Brother Luke is no different than Jeremiah or Ezekiel.

In this Grace Age, the Church Age, God is not going to make His Presence known as He did in OT times, because they were under a faith/works program. In this Age Paul says we walk by faith, not by sight. If God sets up a pillar of smoke in Jerusalem, where is the "faith"? That is sight, and not by 100 percent faith. I want to transpose this over to "manuscript evidence" for you.

Jesus told the Jews:

Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Barry over in FFF has his pet fetish as being Psalms 12 and it's promise by God to preserve His words. If he doesn't believe the Scripture promise of preservation, then were John W. Burgon or King David to rise from the dead and demonstrate for him the accuracy of the reading of the verse, is he going to believe it? I studied Greek and Hebrew for 7 years which by and large has been a waste of time. I can demonstrate the "nu- epithent" rule of Hebrew grammar of Gensenius to him, Barry will just jump to and appeal to some back-alley Hebrew grammarian to impeach Psalms 12 to conform to the corrupt LXX reading written in the 4th century AD, not 250 BC, which is actually Vaticanus.

Ps 12:6 (11:6) The oracles of the Lord are pure oracles; as silver tried in the fire, proved in a {1} furnace of earth, purified seven times. {1) Gr. the earth}
7 (11:7) Thou, O Lord, shalt keep us, and shalt preserve us, from this generation, and for ever.("LXX" Vaticanus)

I guess there are some immortal Jews out there somewhere, eh brother? Or is immortality in HIM and in His words?

I Tim. 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Mt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Mr 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Lu 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke, these people want to win arguments, to reinforce their own deflated egos, and in any discussion with them it boils down to My Scholars and Lexicon vs Your Scholars and Lexicon.

They can't prove their position that God never gave us all the counsel of God from Scripture.

John R. Rice tried, in his book, Our God-Burped Babble, The Original Manuscripts, he tried to prove that "only the original manuscripts were inspired" by quoting II Tim. 3:16 from the KJV, the very book he said has "mistakes" in it! Here are Rice's exact words:

"There Are, Then, No Errors In The Original Word Of God,"

How does he know, since he never saw it? Yea, hath God said?

How does Barry know Ps. 12 is "mistranslated", since he is not a Hebrew grammarian. I am. What Dr. Robert Gromaki taught me in Hebrew grammar was not error.

You need to look up and study the ministry, translation work, and scholarship of John Hinton. John lives just 65 miles from me, he is out of Columbus Ohio here in the USA.

They don't believe Burgon, Hills, they are trying now, the Junior Jesuit Kutilek, to impeach David Otis Fuller because Fuller quoted and used the work of some alleged SDA. They don't believe the Scriptures either, so why talk to them?

Ezekiel 2:1 And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
2 And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
4 For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD.
5 And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.

Forget manuscript evidence, the manuscript evidence of the KJV translators, Burgon, Hills, Will Kinney, John Hinton and believing scholars mean nothing to them. They choose Westcott and Hort's Sophist, Gnostic method. They study this forum, they read all the KJV websites, they've read all of Burgon and Hills. Give them one thing they never read:

The Scriptures.

That's all I give them. That's all I give in the water baptism thread here, regardless of the objections to it. The Scripture in my Triple Inspiration series is inspired, not me. And Luke, all the days of your life remember what I said in that series and never forget:

Those who attack the words of God the most are the ones who use it the least.

Brother, be baptized in the washing of regeneration, give your body a living sacrifice to the ministry of reconciliation and ambassadorship for Christ, remember, it is our reasonable service. His yoke is light, and no good work we do is done with repentance that we ever volunteered for His Army.

Grace and peace brother Luke, my friend.

Tony