View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 03:12 AM
John316

Yes I know its a paragrapg mark but ask yourself this:

If its noting that the following paragraph is of the a new topic, then (assuming that the pilcrow has always been in the KJV) why did the KJV translators adopt a Chapter & Verse format whilst including the pilcrows? (ignoring the obvious reasons of easy-referencing).

I read somewhere (I think it was a mormon forum though) that if you want to read it in the way the actual manuscript had layed it out- ignore the chapters and verses and take not eof the pilcrows.

THen again, I saw a pilcrow in genesis where it seemed odd; it had a direct transition and the train of thought was still on the same rails as before the pilcrow.

And to add to that, if the pilcrow in the bible does actually indicate a new paragraph like it does today then that topic designated can be something that happened WAAAY later in the day right? Since its a train of thought?

Therefore it can be seen as something that could separate 2 events within the context of the authors record?

Some cases there are obvious transitions in topics like "the next day..." so the pilcrow isnt needed.

The my question still burns: Is the pilcrow (or some other symbol which translators used the pilcrow to substitute) in the available manuscripts?