View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
I'm not gonna answer at all, because you hurt my feelings when you called me Opie. You will be hearing from my attorneys.

Anyway, I think the question is kinda repetitious. It's essentially the same ground covered in Question 1.

Thank you, teacher. Did you say your name was Bullinger, or Stam?

This last statement is totally inconsistent with 2 Tim. 3:15. Christian doctrine is found throughout the scriptures: if it's not, then the non-Pauline scriptures are not "profitable for doctrine."

I think, and I hope, that you really meant to say that our instructions are not found throughout the Scriptures. But even that idea gives me the creeps. What about the book of Proverbs?

No, your final statement has a hyper-dispensationalist ring to it that worries me.

:confused:
________

"No, your final statement has a hyper-dispensationalist ring to it that worries me."

As I stated, everyone who does "divide" the word of truth, does not always "rightly" divide it-I am no exception. Nor are you. Perhaps the following best reflects my views on the "dispensational boundary, i.e., "Acts 2, Mid-Acts, Acts 28(Bullinger)...."

http://www.lifeenhancements.us/hyper.html

Stam is "Acts 9." I "lean" towards an "Acts 13" position, per below:

Some observations on Acts 13-did you ever notice?
By John M. Whalen

Barnabas has preeminence, then Saul(bold is my emphasis):

"Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul." Acts 11:30

"And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark." Acts 12:25

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." Acts 13:1, 2

"Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God." Acts 13:7

Now, notice the shift: Saul becomes Paul, and Paul is scripturally named before Barnabas hereafter most of the time(2 exceptions-Acts 15:12. 15:25): Acts 13:43, 13:46, 13:50, 14:12("...Paul... he was the chief speaker..."), 14:14, 15:2, 15:22, 15:35, 15:36.

Saul becomes Paul per Acts 13:9, and his name is changed at the time of his first miracle=his Hebrew name vanishes/Saul becoming/"changing to " Paul was one of the greatest displays, one of the greatest "miracles",by the LORD God, i.e., a pattern of our salvation! . Yes, Paul, a murderer, became a "miracle" of the LORD God's grace.

And notice the parallels/differences vs. Peter's first miracle:

Peter: "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us." Acts 3:4

Paul: "Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him." Acts 13:9

Peter, "fastening his eyes" upon the lame man, a Jew, pronounced a blessing. Paul, "set his eyes" on a Jew, Barjesus("son of salvation"), and pronounced his doom! Peter's first miracle references the restoration of Israel, while Paul's first miracle references the rejection of Israel, and the reconciliation of the Gentiles, due to Israel's blindness:

"And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness(diminishing of the eyes-my note); and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand." Acts 13:11

"Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord." Acts 13:12

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Romans 11:25

Thus, the "son of salvation" is blinded for a season-typical of the nation of Israel. Acts 13 marks the start of her blindness. And notice that the deputy in Acts 13:12, a Gentile, responds to the doctrine(reconciliation of Gentiles), and is shown mercy, while a Jew is blinded.

Also notice that in this same chapter, 13:28-30, Paul puts forth the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4, the gospel of Christ-the death, burial, and resurrection:

Verse 13:28:"And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain." = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:29: "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre."=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:30: "But God raised him from the dead:..." =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

Who wrote this great book?!

As usual, per Acts 17:11, don't rely on my often faulty explanations. "Check it out", in the greatest book that will ever be written, to see "...whether those things were so..."

Perhaps this is not the proper "venue" to discuss. I can accept any brother, regardless of their dispensational point of view, as long as they affirm certain doctrinal principles(including the perfection of the word of God as a present possession). But, alas, this is an issue for another thread!

In and with Christ,

John M. Whalen