Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 PM
martydavis

Chette777, I agree with you on most points. There maybe just small points that we struggle with. My problem with the whole "tongues" thing is Baptist doctrine is just about the only strong hold against speaking in tongues right up until it happens to "one of y'all". Then they are ostrisised and told they didn't really experience what they said they experienced. Now a whole bunch of us Charismatic/pentecostal types can't be ALL wrong (and there are a BUNCH of us). Especially when it draws us closer to Jesus, gives us POWER to fight the spiritual warfare we face, we see miracles happen right before our eyes and we have boldness to witness out on the streets (with signs following). I just did a study starting with 1 Corinthians 12:1 ending with 1 Corinthians 14:40 and it ended with Paul telling us "Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophecy, and FORBID NOT to speak with tongues" - who is right - the Baptists (and the other denominations that don't believe) or Paul? I say listen to Paul (who re-emphasized what Mark wrote that Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18). I really do care what y'all are learning about the word of God and want only the will of the Father in your lives. All I ask is that you pray that your eyes will be opened to the truth and not walk only in the "doctrine of men" of the Baptist denomination (or what ever denomination that hands you white-out at the door). I pray for the same thing - DAILY - and God just keeps telling me to have faith as a mustard seed and believe that GREATER works than these shall (I) do because (Jesus) goes to the Father (John 14:12).

Last edited by martydavis; 06-22-2008 at 07:15 PM.