Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:46 PM
martydavis

If you go back and read my post and your post you will see we are in complete agreement with each other. Doctrine is established by God and His word - not by men with opinions and seminary degrees. I pray that when you go to church you are learning "thus saith the Lord" and not "thus saith Pastor so-and-so". You best know what God is saying to YOU just in case the Pastor is wrong with his interpretation of God's word. God will also give an individual a mission, that lines up with the word of God, and many will think "he is foolish for stepping out in faith to believe God told him to do that"

I meant to edit my post and put "walking with Jesus on this earth" The only way to know what truly went on was to be there. All we can do now is read what was written about it and try to fill in the blanks. There is a lot we don't know and won't know until we see Jesus face to face. In the mean time we are to take what is written, believe it by faith (all of it), take the gospel to the world and make disciples (with signs following after a separate infilling of the Holy Spirit) baptizing folks in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. They will know we are His disciples by the love we have for each other (He and I are still waiting for that one).

In Christ