Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
We have a lot of words written to us and a lot to figure out on our own through God's word. We can easily listen to preachers and teachers of today, but not a one of them walked with Jesus and has a REAL clue.
What's the Bible for, then? The disciples sure seemed to be "lacking clues"
Luke 24:11 And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.
That's the 11 disbelieving the resurrection! So much for "walking with Jesus" (in a literal fashion) having anything to do with understanding the Gospel of Grace!

Quote:
As I read it even Paul had problems with Peter and James (Galatians 2) and their doctrine.
Yes, Paul was right, Peter was having a hard time adjusting to the changes. You have to get this straight or Scripture will only confuse you.
2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
Unless you want to rip Paul's epistles out of the Bible, you have to consider what he says before you consider the rest. There are no contradictions. There are divisions to be made for understanding.

Quote:
Do you establish doctrine for me - or does God?
The Bible does that:
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Nobody's experience trumps Scripture. Ever.