View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 11:02 AM

Bro Tim

Thanks for responding. I also learned something, you are much older than I thought. It's funny the conceptions we have of fellow posters. For some reason (I don't know why), I thought you were maybe in your 30s at most.

But I still don't see why you go round and round with this guy. Yes, it is wonderful to be longsuffering and patient. But I have seen him ridicule you mercilessly. He seems to enjoy it, he really does. Why would you give him the satisfaction? I believe in tough love. If you show a willingness to learn and listen, I will be very patient. But if you are going to mock me and ridicule me, I have much better things to do than spend my time with someone who acts like an immature teenager.

Hey, it's your call, but I wouldn't give the guy the time of day after the treatment you have received.

I was going to end there, but I will tell you a true story. I had a fellow I worked with who used to love to talk politics. He was a stout Democrat, and he knew I was Republican. He would come up daily and ask different questions about my personal political beliefs. He would act as though he were completely sincere. But before I could answer him on a question, he would interrupt and mock and ridicule me. This went on for quite some time. Finally, I had enough. I completely avoided him for over a month. One day he came up and asked why I didn't talk to him anymore. I told him I was tired of his abusive behaviour and I didn't care if I ever spoke to him again. And I meant this when I said it. You know, he actually hung his head and apologized to me. I told him that wasn't enough. I would talk to him, but if he acted like that again I would never speak to him again. From that day forward he treated me with respect, and did not interrupt or ridicule my positions.

You are just stroking this guy's ego by putting up with his abuse. Why should he stop? You are putting up with it.

Do what you want, but I don't put up with foolish people like this.

Last edited by Winman; 05-26-2009 at 11:12 AM.