View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 03:44 AM

Default Me And My Thompson

Hello all, and thanks for letting me in to this great site. Just was having a discussion the other day about how wonderful the KJV is and my fellow follower suggested some web sites that led me to this one. What a great place. Upon getting here and getting registered, I was led to George's most eloquent treatise on why we should all read and study the KJV. It has just led me to chime in.

The reason that I love the KJV is just that God-feeling that I get when I read it. If I read any other translation, I feel like I am not only cheating, but more importantly, being cheated. When I was first called by God, I got myself a wonderful little Bible...a NKJV...after expressing my concern over what I saw as an archaic language issue. Not long after that, a friend gave me a Thompson Chain Reference KJV Bible. I have yet to even think of looking back. God doesn't let me.

I know that sounds strange, and I would be curious to know if that happens to anyone else? The one verse that truly allowed me to see the light was John 8.32. What a wonder to know that we have been "made" free and not "set" free!!!

Thank you, Jesus...

Steve