View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
In order for us to determine what God's Attitude towards His word is we'll have to first look at the importance of His Name.

THE IMPORTANCE OF HIS NAME:

THE WORD OF GODREVELATION 19:12&13
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man
knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDSREVELATION 19:16
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

MORE EXCELLENT THAN THE ANGELS ‑ HEBREWS 1:4
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

JESUS' NAME IS ABOVE EVERY NAME PHILIPPIANS 2:9
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

AT JESUS' NAME EVERY KNEE SHALL BOWPHILIPPIANS 2:10
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

AT JESUS' NAME EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESSPHILIPPIANS 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

HE IS FAR ABOVE EVERY NAMEEPHESIANS 1:21
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

HIS NAME DECLARED THROUGHOUT THE EARTHROMANS 9:17
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

NONE OTHER NAME WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVEDACTS 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

HIS NAME ALONE IS EXCELLENTPSALMS 148:13
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

After reading the above verses as to how highly God regards His Name, what do you think God’s attitude is towards His written word?

GOD'S ATTITUDE TOWARDS HIS WORD

GOD HAS MAGNIFIED HIS WORD ABOVE HIS NAME ‑ PSALMS 138:2

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
Wonderful, Bro. George! Glory be to the Name above all names, and magnified be the Word that is above all His Name!