View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Doxa

Default George, George, George

If you digest my entire message and all the things elsewhere that I have written, you will perhaps realize what I meant when I said that.
When I speak of doctrine, off the top of my head (and it is late here) I'll give an example. What about the verse (1 Cor 14:34) where it says about women being silent in the church. For centuries, men have dissected it to interpret that verse exactly how they see fit. If one takes it literally, women really have no place in church, because after all women and men are to pray without ceasing. Let alone sing praises to God and hymns and psalms to one another in communication. Thereby, if one takes that verse literally, one cannot participate in church if they are a woman. My point, is there are some things we cannot understand or interpret properly because the exact intent or meaning has been lost. Was even Paul saying that or addressing a question. Tons of commentaries out there with various opinions. We can analyze it, and know for example that in those verses, these women are to ask their husbands at home. First problem is that not all women have a husband. And then we discover that in the Greek, the word for women and wives is the same. So, are we talking about women who are married chattering with their husbands in church?
It would be the same as in 1 Timothy where it talks about women not teaching. Some churches teach it is not okay for women to preach but it is okay for them to teach children in Sunday School and such things. A real "interpretation" of that Scripture in how they see fit. Well, we would completely be at a loss until we discover that there are about eight different Greek words for teach. Possibly, the one used there was the kind of teach that meant, teach someone a thing or too, like lording it over someone.
But nonetheless, my point is to show that we really have a lot of questions pertaining to real Truth, and only the Lord reveals if He chooses to do so.

Another point, is when I was a kid I believed in God; I got saved in a Baptist church as a teenager, but I did not know that Jesus died for me until I was in my twenties. Did my lack of knowledge disqualify me?
No, because although I was devoid of this precious information, I simply believed in Jesus. Jesus looks at the heart.

That man on the cross next to Jesus, did not know doctrine, but he believed that Jesus was good and had faith in Him. I truly believe he is with the Lord.

As a matter of fact, in the Gospels, I see places where Jesus said to some, go thy way. After HE healed them, etc. HE actually did not tell them to wait until they got a parcel of doctrine. I would even venture to say that many did not know that HE was going to die for them. But they believed He was the Messiah...and healer. Were these people disqualified because they did not read and understand Paul's letters and follow them? No because God wrote it on their hearts. This LOVE thing. And did HE not say that is how His disciples would be recognized??

I would never say it is okay to go down easy street; I believe God expects us to use what He has given us. If He gives us much or gives us very little, like the talents, what did we do with what God gave us? That is the question.

George, you missed my point completely. Furthermore, I truly believe that churches like the Catholic church have major differences from the Baptist churches, but God certainly still meets people where they are at, and I have done a lot of investigating into their faith as well as various others, and you know what? They are getting a lot of their views from the Bible, just a completely different interpretation of it.

For example, Matthew 5:23...there are probably 2 billion or so Christians that believe that that verse is still applicable (Eucharist) (Since Catholics believe that there is no other thing that they can offer the Father, except the eternal Blood of Jesus), whereas many other Christians actually do not believe that that verse is still applicable today. You may ask how did it get like that? The pendulum swings so very wide in the opposing views from church to church, one extreme to the other. Yet, the Catholic people recite and believe the Creed often, and is that not the similar/basic views of most churches? Other Christian churches believe vastly different in doctrines, but they too have a solid rock foundation, JESUS. Are they too disqualified, because of generations of skewed ideas? And then again, who is right? Yet, God still meets them where they are at and blesses them and calls them His children and saves them because they believe in Him.

Just a thought. I could go on and on and on. But I must retire for now; I am very tired. Good night for now.