View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 PM

Ed, that's an interesting comment and I plan to do my first word study in the Greek and Hebrew in a long time. My understanding is that Lucifer=light bearer and morning star in Latin.

I am no Bible scholar nor intellectual. When I was a new christian I lived and breathed the Bible for 5 years or so and since then have for the most part neglected it for a number of years. This little piece I wrote is just an attempt to start studying God's word in depth again. So I thank you for taking your valuable time reading it and especially replying to it!

I honestly don't know anything about the interpreter's notes. I'm quite sure I would much rather read KJV interpreter's notes than the NIV interpreter's notes. Once I was convinced in my mind that the KJV is God's Word and the other versions were not, I never studied any other version again and I didn't continue studying the Bible version issue, either .

The way I see it is that God, not the translators, preserved His Word perfectly in the King James Bible. Their notes are runner's up, they didn't win the contest. There are probably hundreds of facts and points of view to consider in order to come to a fairly complete understanding of just this one little issue with this one piece of one verse; yet,why would God call Jesus and Lucifer/Satan by the same appellations?