View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Scott,

Though there is harmony of the OT and NT of which I have never said there wasn't. the point was what was for Christians today. that is a doctrinal issue of what is applicable for practical daily obediance to the word of God. Paul did not teach a Sabbath day observance but the OT does. just another place where Paul and the OT don't agree doctrinally. wouldn't you agree?

i stated that as long as the OT teaching that is applicable to a christian is in agreement with the teaching of Paul's teaching on any given subject it is for the christian today as applicable life practice.

We, unlike the Thessonicans, have a completed Bible whereby we can compare scripture with scripture. I understand your agruement. but we are not dicussing Thessolonicans here were are talkiing about Christian's who today have a completed Bible.

As far a Paul's teaching to Timothy he is not saying ALL Scripture is Doctrinally applicable to a Christian's today. you are reading that into the verse. some of it is for correction and instruction and admonishment.

the discussion I took on was for Doctrinal application for the believer TODAY not in AD50 or so. but 2008

I am much older than you being 50 this next year. you would do well to learn 1 Timothy 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

so many try to cover their sinful words and deeds by saying they are "in Love". This is not the first time you have used the "in Love" statement with me. I had a man once who deceived and lied to my face and then write me later saying all he had done was "in love". so those words carry very little wieght with me.

as far as exalting myself above you. surely I made no attempt to do so. I only questioned your motives for arguing using a statement that was not 100% correct.

Let us stop this behavior now and move on. these will be my last words to you on this subject.