View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Forrest keep in mind the context of the chapter is faith.

the verse in you quetions states, As seeing him who is invisible. as seeing is a term used to discribe his faith. faith is the substance of things hope for and the evidence of things unseen.

He could see the delieverance of the people as promised by faith, he knew God would fulfill his promise no matter what afflictions come upon him for his faith in Gods word. it is all about his faith not about physical fact of sight, but of spiritual sight.

what was his excersice of his faith (a work) in that they kept the PASSOVER. remember God told them to do this thing and they would live. what would happen if they hadn't? the firstborn of all Israel would of died too?
Genuine faith does indeed produce genuine works. I know faith is visible to others by works. I realize all in Hebrews 11 had works to accompany their faith. But they were deemed righteous because of their faith, not works. Right?

What I am really asking is why is the name "Christ" used in verse 26? Why not God?

"Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt...."

I'm trying to determine if Christ was known by Moses by divine revelation. (Not in the same way we know Him after the cross.) But did he know Christ and believe God's promise of a coming saviour? It seems that way to me, because Holy Scripture specifies Christ.