View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:34 PM
jerry

1) The word used for world in that verse means course or age - ie. this world system - not this planet.

2) There is also this verse that refers to Satan:

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Besides, how does attributing things to Satan - such as what he was allowed to do in Job 1-2 - slander or misrepresent God? It is quite clear what happened to Job WAS caused by Satan, so where is the dispute?

Quote:
1. Who controls such powers as evil, lying spirits and all other entities and powers that could produce the effect of keeping people from believing (or blinding their minds) keeping them from believing the light of the glorious gospel?
2. Who “blinds the minds of them which believe not?”
3. Why should the little “g” god in this scripture be a capital “G” God?
1. God is sovereignly in control - that does not mean He caused something. He did not create sin or moral evil. He created evil in the sense of calamities, trials, afflictions - ie. natural evil, such as tornados, storms, etc.

2. Depending upon the context, both God and Satan/devils.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Comparing this with Revelation 12-13, God sends the delusion as a judgment of their rejection of the truth and the Saviour. Allowed by God, sent by Satan.

3. Last I checked in my King James Bible, the word "god" had a little "g". I don't believe in correcting my Bible, do you? Crossreferenced with John 12:31, I firmly believe Satan is in view in that verse.