View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Re: "http://www.av-1611.com ? ?"

larryb said in his Post #32:
Quote:
"Part of the Gospel that you and I hear is the blessing of the nations. Prior to Christ Israel was God's instrument of salvation, now it is the world-wide Church...into all nations. Satan has been bound precisely for that reason - that he should not deceive the nations any more..."

And then Larry quotes Revelation 20:2-3 to support his "belief":

Rev 20:2-3
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Aloha all,

I do not mean to "pile-on" poor Larry, since he has left us, but IF "Satan has been bound" (the Bible says for "a thousand years") - just exactly WHEN was he "bound"? And IF he is "bound" WHO (in the world) is causing all of the havoc, chaos, and confusion (i.e. deceit) in our present world?

I can understand how some of the Reformers might have believed that the church was bringing in the "kingdom" - what with the ouster of Roman Catholicism in much of Europe and England and with the world wide Missionary endeavor that was taking place then. But HOW can someone who has lived in the 20th. Century or now in the 21st. Century possibly believe that "Satan has been bound" with all of the EVIL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE to the contrary staring him in the face?

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

WHERE is the "evidence" that the church is bringing in the "kingdom" today - when all around us all that we see is APOSTASY?