View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 08:30 PM

I must say that this is a strange forum. I simply wanted to discuss scripture and everything becomes a personal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
winman,

I said it was taught but not for the application for the forgiveness of sins from Acts 3-8. it was taught as HISTORICAL facts to prove Jesus was the Promised Messiah for Israel and it was only taught to Israelite's and proselytes to Judaism.

You are still not seeing the truth of Acts three first if they believe what Peter is teaching about Christ being their prince the Holy one of promise (faith in the word preached by Peter not Christ finish work of the cross. NEVER NEVER NEVER does Peter even say that the death burial and resurrection are for the forgiveness of sins), then they are to secondly REPENT (a work), then they are to thirdly BE CONVERTED (a Work), and then they can have their sins blotted out (God's Grace or favor). The word THAT that is in "THAT your sins may be blotted out" it shows in clear English that if they didn't do the repenting and converting then no blotting out. There is a clear order of works based salvation here. none of Which we have to follow today to get saved. this is part of the Kingdom Gospel not the Gospel of Grace.

Failure to see the correct Gospel and to apply it would mean that some of you may not even be saved. and that would answer why it is you cant see the truth of the scriptures or rightly divide.
You accuse Winman of maybe not being saved because he disagreed with your interpretation concerning two gospels and then in this thread after Winman presented strong arguments supported by scripture you accuse him of:

1) you will not rightly divide the word of truth
2) preconceived Ideas as to what the scriptures teach
3) failure to properly study to show thy self approved

I simply thanked Winman for presenting what I thought were strong scriptural arguments and couldn't understand why anyone would accuse him of not studying the scriptures. The next thing I know George comes out of a whirlwind and slams me for not being hospitable because he thinks I was attacking you while demanding to know everything about my personal life instead of addressing the scriptures!

I have no idea who George is but he seems to run this forum. That's fine. I'm new and understand my pecking order but I really don't understand the sensitive feelings. I will refrain from posting for awhile.