View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Instead of having my studies controlled and directed by teachers and professors, I have chosen my own course of studies and have controlled the direction those studies have taken me. At one time I had over 500 books in my Library, I am now down to about 50.

As I grow older I am less interested in what men have to say ABOUT God's Holy words, and more interested in WHAT God has to say about them. That is one of the reasons that I don't involve myself in many of the various "discussions" and "debates" that take place on the Forum.

This Forum has been very "instructive" for me, for it has demonstrated the chaotic state that the churches are in at this time. In the 50 years I have been a Christian I have observed the "deterioration" of so-called Christian "Fundamentalism" in America to the point where, by the testimony of many members of the Forum themselves, it is extremely difficult to find a genuine Bible believing church today.

It seems to me that the so-called "Evangelical" churches are embracing the "Emerging Church Movement" (ECM) and are swiftly sliding into apostasy; and on the other side of the aisle, many of the so-called "Fundamentalist" churches are embracing a form of "Christian Fascism", where the "pastor" has become a totalitarian dictator (every pastor = a "mini-pope").

There doesn't seem to be any "BALANCE". There doesn't seem to be any "MODERATION". In the early 1980's I despaired over these things and for a while I backslid because I didn't understand what was going on or the "tenor of our times" ("apostasy"). I believe we are living in the "latter times" or the "last days" [1 Timothy 4:1-16; 2 Timothy 3;1-17] and because we are, "the love of many shall wax cold"; and "some shall depart from the faith"; and "the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine".

The body of Christ is in the sorriest state I have ever seen it since I became a Christian. Chaos, anarchy, and rebellion rule the day and Christians are as "unstable", "untrustworthy", and "undependable" as their lost counterparts.

I believe that this Forum is a "microcosm" of what is taking place in "Christianity" as a whole. Look at the kooks, the crazies, and the crackpots who have come here in the last year and a half with some of their "hair-brained teachings"; look at the false teachers and hereticks who have tried to worm their way on to the Forum looking for disciples; look at the intellectual elites and Bible skeptics and correctors who constantly dog us with their insincere QUESTIONS - always QUESTIONS! Has the body of Christ ever been in such disarray?
Indeed!!!