View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:25 AM

The basis of our fellowship is not just the gospel.
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. (1 John 1:3)
I can have a certain amount of fellowship with someone who uses a version other than the KJV, but it can only go so far because the main point of our fellowship "is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ" and his version attacks the person and work of our Lord Jesus as presented in his true word, the KJV
Micah 5:2
KJV: But thou, Beth-lehem Eph'ratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel: whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

NIV: But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.

Comment: Micah 5:2 is a prophecy of where Jesus would be born (see Matthew 2:3-6). The KJV refers to this one who is going to be a ruler , Jesus, as being from "everlasting": in other words he had no beginning because He is God. The NIV says that Jesus had an origin implying that He was created.
………………………….

Matthew 18:11
KJV: For the Son of Man is come to save that which was lost.

NASB: [For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.]

NIV:

Comment: The NASB brackets this verse while the NIV omits it from the text and inserts it as a footnote.
……………………………..

Matthew 27:35
KJV: And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vestures did they cast lots.

NASB: And when they had crucified Him, they divided up his garments among themselves, casting lots;

NIV: When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots

Comment: NASB & NIV omit “that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots”.
………………………………

Mark 15:28
KJV: And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

NASB: [And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'And He was numbered with transgressors]

NIV:

Comment: NASB brackets this verse and NIV omits it from the text and inserts it as a footnote.
…………………………………..

Luke 2:33
KJV: And Joseph and his mother marveled at those things which were spoken of him.

NASB: And His father and mother were amazed at the things which were being said about Him.

NIV: The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him.

Comment: The NASB and NIV replace “Joseph” with “His father” and “child’s father”. A subtle (see Genesis 3:1) attack on the virgin birth, for if Joseph really was Jesus' father then it wouldn't have been a virgin birth. In Luke 2:48-49, Jesus leaves no doubt as to who his Father is.
…………………………….

Luke 24:40
KJV: And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet.

NASB: [And when He has said this, He showed them His hands and feet.]

Comment: The NASB brackets this verse, meaning those translators didn’t believe this verse was in the originals.
……………………………..

Luke 24:51-52
KJV: 51. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. 52. And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.

NASB: 51. And it came about that while He was blessing them, He parted from them. 52. And they returned to Jerusalem with great joy.

Comment: The NASB omits "carried up into heaven" and "worshipped him".
………………………………….

John 6:47
KJV: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life

NASB: Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

NIV: I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

Comment: The NASB and NIV omit "on me" (referring to Jesus).
………………………………….

John 16:16
KJV: A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

NASB: A little while and you will no longer behold Me, and again a little while, and you will see me.

NIV: In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "because I go to the Father".
……………………………………..

Acts 2:30
KJV: Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne:

NASB: And so, because he was a prophet, and knew that God had sworn to Him with an oath to seat one of His descendants upon His Throne,

NIV: But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him an oath that he would place one of his descendants in his throne

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ".
……………………………………..

Acts 8:37
KJV: And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

NASB: [And Philip said, "If thou believe with all your heart, you may". And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."]

NIV:

Comment: NASB brackets this verse and usually has a footnote that says something like "Most manuscripts do not contain this verse." The NIV omits the verse from the text and inserts it as a footnote.
………………………………………

Romans 1:16
KJV: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...

NASB: For I am not ashamed of the gospel...

NIV: I am not ashamed of the gospel...

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "of Christ".
…………………………………….

I Corinthians 5:7b
KJV: ...for even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us.

NASB: ...for Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.

NIV: ...For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "for us".
……………………………………..

Galatians 6:15
KJV: For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

NASB: For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

NIV: Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything: what counts is a new creation.

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "in Christ Jesus".
…………………………………..

Ephesians 3:9
KJV: And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God who created all things by Jesus Christ.

NASB: and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God, who created all things

NIV: and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "by Jesus Christ".
…………………………………………

Colossians 1:14
KJV: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins

NASB: In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
NIV: In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Comment: NASB and NIV omit "through his blood".
……………………………………………..

I Timothy 2:7
KJV: ...(I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not)...

NASB: ...(I am telling the truth, I am not lying)...

NIV: I am telling the truth, I am not lying...

Comment: NASB and NIV omit “in Christ”.
………………………………………………….

I Timothy 3:16
KJV: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh ...

NASB: And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh ...

NIV: Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body ...

Comment: The NASB and NIV replace "God" with "He". Does it make a difference? People of other religions, cults (such as Jehovah's Witnesses), and probably most lost people have no problem with the NASB and NIV rendering of this verse. After all they believe there actually was a person named Jesus, who was here in a body or flesh: a person like the rest of us. They just don't believe He was God! The KJV says God was manifest in the flesh. When did God ever take on flesh? The Lord Jesus Christ! One of the greatest verses in the Bible on the deity of Jesus Christ!
…………………………………………………

I Peter 4:1
KJV: Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh ...

NASB: Therefore since Christ has suffered in the flesh ...

NIV: Therefore since Christ suffered in his body ...

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "for us".
………………………………………………

I John 4:3
KJV: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come: and even now already is it in the world.

NASB: and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God: and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

NIV: but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "Christ is come in the flesh".
………………………………………………

I John 5:7
KJV: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

NASB: And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

NIV: For there are three that testify.

Comment: NASB and NIV omit I John 5:7 as it appears in the KJV. Why leave out a verse that teaches the Trinity and the deity of Jesus Christ?
……………………………………………….

Revelation 1:8
KJV: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord ...

NASB: "I am the Alpha and Omega" says the Lord ...

NIV: "I am the Alpha and Omega" says the Lord God ...
Comment: NASB and NIV omit "the beginning and the ending".
………………………………………………….

Revelation 1:11
KJV: Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last and what thou seest, write in a book ...

NASB: saying "Write in a book what you see ...
NIV: which said "Write on a Scroll what you see ...

Comment: NASB and NIV omit "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last".
…………………………………………………
Revelation 5:14
KJV: And the four beasts said, Amen, And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth forever and ever.

NASB: And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

NIV: The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

Comment: NASB and NIV omit “ him that liveth forever and ever”.
………………………………………………………

Revelation 11:17
KJV: Saying, We give the thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come,....

NASB: We give Thee thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who art and who wast,....

NIV: We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was,....

Comment: NASB & NIV omit “art to come:.
……………………………………………………

Revelation 16:5
KJV: And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be...

NASB: And I heard the angel of the waters saying, “righteous art Thou, who art and who wast....

NIV: You are just in these judgments, you who are and who were....

Comment: NASB & NIV omit “and shalt be”.
……………………………………………………….