View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Tandi

Thank you for the Dr. Ruckman Hebrews commentary suggestion. That reminded me that I have his book, Problem Texts. He does address one of the "errors" concerning the Ark and its contents.....Hebrews 9:4 compared with Deut. 10:3-5 and 1 Kings 8:9. He says there were two arks, and there was no gold on the Deuteronomy ark.

I also have a book by Dr. Bouw "The Book of Bible Problems" and he addresses it also. I have not finished reading the section yet but it looks good so far...very thorough analysis of all the pertinent Scriptures.

I interact with people I respect who are from various persuasions and not necessarily KJVO. I have met some who do not believe the Epistle to the Hebrews belongs in the canon of Scripture but should be amongst the apocryphal books because of errors and Gnostic/Dualist influence evident in this Book. But that is one way of reading it. I am learning that Scriptures can be looked at from various perspectives. I never noticed a Gnostic influence....until I scrutinized the text that way. Then it seems obvious.

So now I need the KJV apologetics to see the brilliance in this text that some claim for it. There are some precious verses in Hebrews that I treasure. Other verses are perplexing.

Thoughts and comments?

I will report the findings of Ruckman and Bouw after I study these pages further.

Thank you for your assistance.

Shalom,

Tandi