View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
So there was roughly 100 years available from the sixth day of creation until Adam and Eve sinned and were expelled from the garden. Of course, we don't know for sure how long after being expelled that Cain was conceived. Satan may have tempted Eve 50 years after the sixth day of creation (just an example). They could have waited many years after being expelled before coming together. But I seriously doubt that knowing human nature.

But time began at the beginning mentioned in Gen 1:1. It is simple and straightforward.
1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Actually, Cain and able were born within a year after the serpent tempted Eve and the man and woman were expelled. Cain and Able were twins, the former one's father was the "serpent" and the latter one's father was Adam. Sort of twins, but not: Two babies, two fathers.

Genesis 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

She gave birth to two babies at the same time.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Check out the root meaning of the word "beguiled".

avn nasha' naw-shaw'
a primitive root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce:--beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.

Think about it!