View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 PM

Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
What is Gen 4 to you? Is that just a day too?
I have my theory that God recaps certain days from day 1-7 in Genesis Chapter two.

Genesis Chapter three is the day after God's day of Rest (8th day or first day of the next week) by the end of that day the first couple sin (A man doesn't need more than a day to be tested) and God makes coats of skins via an evening sacrifice on that same day. The next day (still chapter three) God executes the sentence of his judgement and expels the couple from the Garden of Eden. It was after he sinned he calls Eve, Eve. up until their sin she is just called woman.

If you give more time in the garden before Adam's sin to allow for Lucifer fall. we run into a couple problems. first the Bible is a book of recorded history of the earth as it pertains to man and God purpose. And there is not recording anywhere that God gave Lucifer a throne before the throne. If he did where was it? on the earth? in the heavens? above the firmament?

And surely God would have let man know that he placed us under another whose name was Lucifer to whom he gave a throne. secondly, you would have to give Lucifer time to go and gather angles who are not on the earth at the time of the Garden either for the Bible mentions no such population until after the fall. again God owuld have recorded these things for us to know.

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: this indicates that his throne was on the earth. if this throne was the one vacated by Adam. you have Lucifer rebelling after Adams sins in the Garden. If Lucifer, Satan, that old serpent, the devil are the same person. Logically it wont fit.

So Lucifer did not have a throne after the fall of Adam. So where was this throne it was on the earth according to Isa 14, it must have been in eternity before Gen1:2. And I believe it was not even his throne. I think he was in charge of helping to build a throne on the earth before Gen 1:2 and he made it so grand and glorious his heart was taken by his pride and he laid claim to it and tried to take the place of God.

Genesis Chapter Four Adam and Eve have had some children but possibly only females. then he had Cain and Able (twins) now a healthy 13 year old can work the farm and heard the sheep. When does a man become a man? When he can procreate so lets say they were 13 to 18 years old. Also chapter four tells us Cain had a wife before he was sent to the land of Nod. So it is possible Able had a wife too although we are never told because he is killed.

At the end of Chapter four we are told Adam was 130 years old when he had Seth. So from Day 6 until Seth Adams years were 130. I have no problem with that.

But to claim he was 100 when he had Cain and Able is unscriptural. Cain and Able could be anywhere form 13 to 99 years old by the time Cain slew Able. And Adam could have been anywhere in age from 14-100

See I give allowance for time. I would assume Adams aging started at the exodus from the Garden.

Last edited by chette777; 03-04-2009 at 07:37 PM.