View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
certainly Lucifer did not fall after Adam was expelled from the Garden before the Birth of Seth as you have stated. Maybe you had a momentary memory lapse too. cause Satan already tempted Eve and they were already out of Eden before Seth was ever in the picture.
Maybe you are not following me. On the sixth day God saw every thing he had made and it was very good (not just good). So Satan was yet perfect.

Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

I agree with you that God rested on the seventh day. But after that, Satan could have taken up to approximately 100 years before he rebelled against God. We do not know how long Adam and Eve spent in the garden before they sinned.

Now, once they sinned and were expelled from the garden, sometime after that Adam knew Eve and Cain was born, then Abel. Cain and Abel must have reached adulthood before Cain slew Abel as they both had livelihoods. It was after Abel was slain that Seth was born, which we know happened when Adam was 130 years old. Eve of course, was the very same age.

So there was roughly 100 years available from the sixth day of creation until Adam and Eve sinned and were expelled from the garden. Of course, we don't know for sure how long after being expelled that Cain was conceived. Satan may have tempted Eve 50 years after the sixth day of creation (just an example). They could have waited many years after being expelled before coming together. But I seriously doubt that knowing human nature.

But time began at the beginning mentioned in Gen 1:1. It is simple and straightforward.

Last edited by Winman; 03-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.